Friday, June 10, 2022

Mousie - 6 Years On

It has been 6 years since she’s gone. 


As memories get further and further away from us, we eventually let go of them. It is then, when they are in freefall, that they boomerang back to you. I do not try to remember of forget the time, as choosing to remember or forget is a wasted discipline. I have said before and I will say again, time marches on and waits for no one. I walk by her house on most days, so in a way she’s constantly there. It is very telling that over the Jubilee weekend when the nation was in a rare celebratory mood, I ran in to a mutual friend of the family. That really brought some memories back, but we both agreed – it was a long time ago. 


Thinking back to that time of my life, it was completely different than it is now. Since the virus and the hysteria surrounding it has waned, life has been a strange mixture of calm and chaos rolled in to one. Certainly, very fast-paced. And lots of new faces. Situations and support systems show up in one’s life at a particular time and place, and all we can do is go with the flow. Mousie was definitely part of my flow for 14 years, and in a way, she’s still there.


Here are some pictures of my love, and as always, there were too many to choose from:

She loved being outside, but not so keen on the pebbles
No Mousie post would be complete without an attitude pic!
That face, those eyes
Deciding whether to pounce or sleep
End.

*Guys, I'll try and be better this year, and keep up with all the blogs. I still receive all the emails and updates of the blogsphere, and know everyone is still around. I will dip my paw in from time to time.



7 comments:

Zoolatry said...

Happy to hear from you once again, even though at a time of sad reflection ... hoping you are well, safe. Memories of Mousie will always be there, treasure them.

catladymac said...

Purrs as you remember this beautiful girl. No matter how long we are together. it is never long enough.

pilch92 said...

Sending you hugs as you remember your beautiful girl.

Mickey's Musings said...

Mum and I send you lots of comforting purrs an kind thoughts as you remember your beautiful girl.Remember all the good times and how happy you made her.
May you feel soft snuggles and purrs from her in your dreams.
Purrs, Julie

Louche Tabby said...

Guys! Thanks for remembering us. This is a part of my past I have missed and enjoy.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

They never, ever leave our hearts.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Anniversaries are always hard. You have lots of lovely memories, both in photos and in your heart.