Thursday, June 10, 2021

My Darling Mousie - 5 Years

My Darling Girl,


It has been 5 years – five years! since you’ve gone. What a time it’s been. Not good times not bad times, just time. They say that time heals, but I don’t know how true that is. Time brings sadness, and as the saying goes time waits for no one, and it won’t wait for me. It costs nothing but it is the most precious commodity. The time I spent with you was like silver and gold wrapped up in a ball of fur. Priceless. I walk by your house almost every day. Strange to think I had a mini-life there. When that ended, it was definitely a timestamp of all change. A whole section of life ended when you went. I remember the day vividly as it is etched in a corner of my mind. It’s like a scratch on a nice table that has now become part of the table, so you just leave it there. Moving forward in life isn’t always the positive experience that it is meant to be. Standing still is no use, and going backwards is toxic. No wonder most people go backwards!


Time. I ran into her ‘beans a few weeks ago. They looked older. It was nice to see them. You weren’t mentioned as there was no need. You were our only connection. Silent acknowledgement was enough. We exchanged pleasantries and went on our way.


Time. It is symbolic to me that in so many ways I had to learn to stand on my own two feet, and you had four. And you were having trouble standing. It brings me peace that from the moment I started looking after you all those years ago I was acutely aware that our time would be short, and I never, ever took it for granted.


On a lighter note, here are some pics of Mousie. There are so many I like; it was difficult to choose:


                                                                        
                                                                        
                                                                        
                                                                     

                                                      
                                                    

8 comments:

da tabbies o trout towne said...

♥♥♥♥♥
=^..^=

mousie; pleez tell everee one ther in heaven we said HI

we due like fotoz 3 and 4 :) ♥♥☺☺

The Florida Furkids said...

Great photos. It's true that time does not heal, it just changes things.

The Florida Furkids

pilch92 said...

We never forget those we love. She was beautiful.XO

catladymac said...

We had not the pleasure of knowing you and Mousie til now, but we lost four of our own pack last year and no, they never, ever leave our hearts. Purrs.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

She was absolutely precious. Sending purrs.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Five years, how can that be possible! Life changes after such a big loss. Time doesn't heal but we adapt to it.

The Island Cats said...

Time may go on...but we never forget...and the love is always there. Many purrs.....

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

How nice to remember Mousie today.