Wednesday, June 10, 2020

4 Years Ago Today

It was 4 years ago today that I lost Mousie

Hi Guys, 
it's been a very long time since I posted here. I do check in to the other blogs from time to time, but haven't posted myself as it's been part of my healing process in moving on. It seems like a lifetime ago - and indeed it was. I do think back to those times as I don't need to explain the world was a more benign place than it is now! When things get to much I believe the mind tries to heal itself by reverting to happy memories. For me, those memories are of Mousie. Due to the lockdown, I avoid taking the bus home from work so I walk 4 miles. I have a lot of time to clear my head. I finally walked by Mousie's house, something I could not do for ages. The family lives quite local to me, I had just avoided walking by and took a different route. I thought it would upset me, but it felt good. It was like and envelope had been sealed. I know that is a strange description, but we all have memories and pockets of time that we associate with different things. I realise this is descending into psychobabble, so I will just say that it was the right thing to to.

I will post here more often, as I have always enjoyed it, and believe it will be relaxing for me in this crazy, upside down world. But for now, here are some pictures:



No post about Mousie would be complete without a bum-shot! This was her cattitude to most things, especially the dogs.
pics from 2016

7 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am glad you were able to walk past Mousie's house. Saying it felt like an envelope was sealed is a good description. You will always love and miss her, but I am glad you can feel closure on not being able to go past her home.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

♥♥♥♥♥♥
=^..^=

Zoolatry said...

Welcome home! With understanding.

Honey P. Sunshine said...

do you ever feel her spirit? she is such a pretty baby. I always talk to the honey sunshine still.

catladymac said...

We are glad to meet you and Mousie. We don't blog - we just read them - but we just lost our ornery boy Oscar to CKD and are missing him terribly, so we understand it never lets up.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Such a cute little bum too! Happy to see you posting.

The Island Cats said...

Good to hear from you.