Monday, December 31, 2018

Mew Year's Eve - I Just Knew

In 2015, I was babysitting Mousie over the holiday period. It was Mew Year's Eve and I was cooking and watching tv in the kitchen and had the back door open so Mousie could run in and out as she would always do. She was a bit slower and cautious than usual, and she had a bit of a serious expression on her face. I was standing there and we both looked at each other, and I said to her: 'Mouse, this is our last NYE together, isn't it?'. I just knew, and I could feel it in my bones. I had a bit of a panic and then sat down. She jumped up on the kitchen table and she sat and stared at me as if to say 'pull yourself together'. We just sat for what seemed like forever, then she jumped off the table and I stood up and continued with my meal prep. It was almost like when you watch a film and hit the pause button, like a moment frozen in time. It has taken me 2.5 years to write about this situation. But sometimes you just know things. 





(pics taken NYE 2015)

9 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Yes, it does happen just like that. Hugs from all of us.

Gidget Blue Sky said...

they are just the most special creatures

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Yes, they have their way of letting us know of things that really matter to us and to them. (((hugs)))

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Yes, sometimes you just know. <3

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Never doubt those gut feelings, they're seldom wrong.

The Island Cats said...

Yep, sometimes you just know.....purrs...Happy New Year.

pilch92 said...

When you are that close to a kitty, you do know. XO

Eastside Cats said...

The best we can do is give love, and know that our cats know it, and love us right back.

Katie Isabella said...

I hope I'll know about my girl. We are as close as two sheets of paper one on the other.

Hello and so good to meet you and Mousie today. xx