Sunday, June 15, 2014

An Update on Mousie's Health

So, I have been going up there daily since I got the news. Thankfully, she has put some weight back on. I was completely horrified when I first saw her, she was so thin. It was very frightening. Her owners are still 'syringing' her the warmed up kitten food with the meds, but as she's eating from the bowl now, they will start to crush up the pills in to her food. 

We are not out of the woods yet, and she has to go back for blood tests in 3 weeks. I was with her for 5 hours today and even had a little jaunt outside in the garden as the evil doggies have gone away for the weekend so she has the house to herself. I even gave her 2 helpings of roast chicken from the rotisserie and she ate it all up! It will be a slow recovery and I still feel on knife's edge so to speak, but we are getting there.

Thank you all for being so supportive and providing the purrs/prayers.

Here is a pic I took a while back:


6 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I'm so glad to hear Mousie is doing better! I'm continuing to send purrs as she recovers.

The Island Cats said...

We're purring like crazy for Mousie and hope she continues to improve.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am glad that Mousie is showing improvement and will keep my purrs going for her.

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Glad to hear that Mousie is doing a little better. I will send prurrs for her to recover soon and eat well.

The Furries of Whisppy said...

That's wonderful news! Keep getting better, Mousie!

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

Thanks fur the update on Mousie.

Purring that she continues to improve. Sounds like they caught the problem in time before it affected her other organs.

Katie and the Katz Gang.