Tuesday, September 05, 2017

The Internal Meow

Sometimes, when Mousie was laying there, exhausted from taking a nap, eating, washing etc., she would do this half purr/half meow that kind of sounded like a hum. It went like this: MMMMMMmmmmmmmMMMMMm. Like she was kind of moaning, but not in pain, and at the same time wanted to meow, but couldn't motivate herself to open her mouth. It was like a hum - but pathetic! At the end of making the sound, she'd sometimes partially open her mouth and go, 'mah'.
Do any of your kitties do this?
(pic taken 2015)

5 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Sometimes I half meow with my mouth closed when I'm sleeping behind my human on the chair and she tries to adjust me so SHE can get more comfortable.

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

Lexy meows with her mouth closed when she brings our mom toys. And loud, too!

Eastside Cats said...

Angel Sammy's meow sounded like 'ARF', and sometimes Sweetie will meow so low that it's a squeaky purr...but not humming. So you have video; we'd love to hear Angel Mousie hum!

pilch92 said...

Very sweet photo. None of my cats make that sound.

Honey P. Sunshine said...

honey used to do that